on partnership with
MIRAS- Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage, Baku, Azerbaijan
University for Audio- Visual Arts “ESRA” - Skopje, Paris, New York
Centre for Scientific Research and Promotion of Culture “HAEMUS”, Skopje, Macedonia
Are organizing the
3rd International Conference
“Ohrid –Vodici, 2015”
- Ohrid, 17-18 January 2015
“Rethinking the Framework of Interdisciplinary cooperation between Cultural Heritage, Local Economic Development, Tourism and Media”
Over the past few years, a remarkable increase has occurred in the use of visual and digital techniques for the research, documentation, management, presentation and communication of cultural heritage. Printed, video and audio media, as well as “New Media” got a role of a main measures for preserving and affirming of cultural heritage, but and as a main tools for promoting of cultural heritage values as touristic products. This has drastically transformed the way we capture, store, process, represent and disseminate information.
Using of “old” and/or “new” media became a necessary tools in educational process related with anthropology, archaeology, history, art and other humanities and social sciences. Digital humanities, digital anthropology, 3-D archaeology and other interdisciplinary studies increased an interest among many scholars, researchers, students, museum workers, IT programmers, 3D (re)constructors etc.
The purpose of local economic development is to build up the economic capacity of a local area to improve its economic future and the quality of life for all. It is a process by which public, business and nongovernmental sector partners work collectively to create better conditions for economic growth and employment generation.
Local Economic Development, Cultural heritage, Media and Tourism have a lot of common contact points, interactions and complements. All fields are devoted on explanation and presentation of cultural values of society. Interdisciplinary approach among these realms is giving more qualitative results especially on touristic offers and creation of touristic products. This is extremely important in a process of indication and mapping of anthropogenic and other touristic attractions, as well as on presentation of cultural values through different types of media.
TOPICS OF INTERESTS
We invite scholars, PhD and MA students, researchers and practitioners in anthropology/ethnology, tourism sciences, media, archaeology, history, art, history of art, philology, literature, folklore, ethnomusicology, architecture, museology, archiving, audio-visual arts, information sciences/ technologies, geography, sociology, psychology and all related fields to submit papers on any topic related to conference theme. Papers may reflect on a wide spectrum of issues related to cultural heritage, media and tourism. The conference is structured around a number of sub-themes that include - but are not limited to:
- Protection and presentation of cultural heritage through media
- Presentation of cultural heritage for tourism purposes
- Economic impact from cultural heritage and tourism
- Digitalization of cultural heritage as touristic products
- Digitalization of collective memory
- Cultural Heritage, Social Networks and “New Media”
- Rural tourism and local economic development
- Tourism and local economic development
- E-libraries and e-learning in context of cultural heritage Economic Development, media and tourism
- Intelligent description of cultural heritage content in interaction with media and tourism
- GIS and spatial information management in cultural heritage, media and tourism
- Virtual Heritage and Media
- Digital reconstructions, 3D modelling of cultural heritage and touristic valorisation
- Reproduction techniques and rapid prototyping in cultural heritage as touristic product
- Multimedia, data management and archiving and their usage in media
- Folklore, ethnomusicology, media and touristic valorisation
THE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME BOARD
- Rubin Zemon Ph.D. (Institute for Socio-cultural Anthropology) Skopje, Macedonia
- Samoil Malcheski Ph.D. (Institute for Socio-cultural Anthropology), Skopje, Macedonia
- Fariz Khalili Ph.D. (MIRAS Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage) Baku, Azerbaijan
- Misho Netkovski Ph.D. (University for Audio- Visual Arts/ ESRA) Skopje, Macedonia
- Margarita Karamihova Ph.D. (University Ss. Cyril and Methodius), Veliko Trnovo, Bulgaria
- Jasminka Simic Ph.D. (Radio-Television of Serbia), Belgrade, Serbia
- Armanda Kodra Hysa Ph.D. (Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Art’s Studies) Tirana, Albania
- Marcel Courtiade Ph.D. (INALCO- Paris), Paris, France
- Svetlana Antova Ph.D. (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Ethnology and Folklore Studies with Ethnographic Museum) Sofia, Bulgaria
- Nadia Cherepan M.A.(European Humanities University), Vilnius, Lithuania
- Meli Shopi Ph.D. (University of Elbasan), Elbasan, Albania
- Dejan Metodijeski Ph.D. (University Goce Delchev, Stip), Skopje, Macedonia
Deadline for Application : 17 December 2014
Notification of Acceptance Decisions: 22 December 2014
Registration : 9 January 2015
Conference : 17-18 January 2015
SUBMISSIONS OF PAPERS/PANELS
The congress is open to individual submissions for papers and proposals for panels. All applications for papers and panels must be sent to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, by 17 December 2014. The papers accepted upon the assessment of the Program Board will be notified via email by 23 December 2014. Application for papers should content:
- Title of the paper/panel
- Abstract (in English only) not more than 300 words for individual papers, including the main argument and conclusions
- Abstract (in English only) not more than 500 words for panel proposals, including abstracts of panel papers
- Name and title of the author/s of the paper
- Short bio of the author(s) of the paper, not more than one paragraph
- E-mail address, telephone and fax numbers of the author(s) of the paper.
The fee for poster is 30 euros. The size for poster: 50x75
Congress language is both Macedonian and English.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
All registered participants will be presented a certificate of attendance at the end of the conference.
All abstracts accepted to the congress will be published as a conference booklet.
The conference will be held in Ohrid, Macedonia. Information about the exact premises will be given lather.
Congress will begin on 17 January 2015 and end on 19 January 2015.
On 17 January 2015, publication (Conference proceedings) from the 2nd Conference of Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Media will be promoted and disseminated.
There are 3 types of conference fees:
1. Standard type of fee for amount of EUR 110
Standard conference fee include: accommodation for 2 nights (Bad & Breakfast), registration, conference materials (booklet of abstracts), welcome reception, lunch and dinner, snacks, Conference proceedings (publication of peer-viewed papers).
2. Reduced type of fee for amount of EUR 60
Reduced conference fee include: Registration, conference materials (booklet of abstracts), welcome reception, snacks and conference proceedings (publication of peer-viewed papers).
3. Students fee for amount of EUR 40
Student fee include: Registration, conference materials (booklet of abstracts) and conference proceedings (publication of peer-viewed papers).
NOTE: This fee is valid only for papers where authors are only students
NOTE: This fee is valid only for papers where authors are only students
Accommodation costs will be covered by the participants. Organizing committee will organize accommodation and will cover accommodation costs for participants that will choose Standard type of registration fee. Detailed information on accommodation will be provided to the participants after their abstracts are accepted.
Participants will be responsible for paying their travel expenses.
The congress website will be updated regularly for the participants and attendants.
Institute for Socio-Cultural Anthropology of Macedonia
Rubin Zemon Ph.D. - chair of the Program Board
Samoil Malcheski Ph.D. – Chair of the Organizing Committee
Vasilka Disistrovska M.A. - Public Relations